Study Tour of Nepal Delegation in Sri Lanka from 15th to 20th of July 2017
A delegation comprising of twenty members of the Ministry of Agriculture Development of the government of Nepal was hosted by KITI-IWM from 15th to 20th of July 2017. They were on a tour of exposure learning on Climatic Changes and Adaptation. The KITI-IWM was able to give them a very comprehensive exposure to the strategic Climatic Change Adaptation in Sri Lanka though the duration of tour was very short.
Day 01 – 15.07.2017
- Arrival of delegation.
- Lecture by Lalith de Alwis. Director (Water Resources Management), Sri Lanka and challenges in Climatic change.
- Lecture by B.V.N.Puniyawardena. Head, Natural Resources Management Center,Peradeniya, Climate Change Adaptation & Mitigation Measuring Sri Lanka
Day 02 – 16.07.2017
- Tour in Nuweraeliya district including Ambewela New Zealand Dairy Farm and Kothmale Reservoir and Mahaweli Maha Seya.
- Lecture by Eng.Chandrathilake Deputy General Manager, MASL
Day 03 – 17.07.2017
- Visit to Agriculture Faculty of University of Peradeniya.
- Lecture by Professor Buddhi Marambe
- Visit to Gatambe Agriculture Park
- Visit to Victoria Reservoir
- Lecture by Eng. D.S.K. Aruppola, Director , Head works ,MASL
- Visit to “Dalanda Maligawa”
Day 04 – 18.07.2017
- Visit to Sigiriya
- Visit to Inspect Irrigation Schemes in Anuradhapura
- Visit to sacred area of Anuradhapura
Day 05 – 19.07.2017
- Visit to IWMI Colombo
- Lecture by Dr. H.Manthrithilaka, Head IWMI
- Visit to Irrigation Department , Colombo Sri Lanka
- Lecture by Eng.Prema Hettiarachchi Director of Hydrology on Recent Floods in Sri Lanka and Mitigatory Measures taken
- Lecture by Eng. Janaki Meegaswatte, Director of Drainage & Flood System.
Day 06 – 20.07.2017